Wednesday 3 October 2012

Gobble, Gobble Class!!

Today was a BUSY day!!  This morning I taught my class one of my favourite, if not thee favourite Thanksgiving song, "I Heard Mr. Turkey Say..."  Boy do my kiddos adore wiggling their fingers under their chins like the waddle of a turkey. 


Then, it hit me that it was time to change up the Class/Yes!, Mighty Oh Yeah, and the Mighty Groan!  It is now October and with Thanksgiving on the way we have to add some poultry seasoning!!  Enter "Gobble, gobble Class!" "Gobble Yeah!" and "Dun, dun, dun!  Your goose is cooked!"  It was like everything was new again!  I was getting way more participation and quicker response times!  

That afternoon, I had a bunch of parent helpers come into the class to help us make our crunchy, marshmallowy delicious apple turkeys!  Boy was I a happy teacher when my students responded quickly to my fresh gobble, gobble Whole Brain Teaching techniques!!

fun thanksgiving activities grade 1 primary
My Apple Turkey Zinger
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment